The Original Barley Crusher Malt Mill, the "Home Brewer's Best Friend" has proven to be just that. A high quality grain mill constructed using materials that will last a lifetime, 1018 Cold Rolled Steel for the rollers, 6061 Aluminum for the mill body and hopper, tool steel for the axles with oil-impregnated bronze bushings.
Precision machining with quality control and a manufacturer's lifetime warranty assures the homebrewer that this will be the only grain mill they will ever need to purchase!
- Rollers are adjustable at both ends to keep the gap spacing parallel giving a uniform crush along the entire length of the rollers.
- The gap default setting is marked and set at .039 at assembly. Adjustment range is from .015 to .070 thousands of an inch.
- The rollers have a 12 TPI knurl to efficiently pull the grain through the rollers while leaving the hull intact to form an excellent filter bed for sparging.
- Comes with a solid base with locators to center the Barley Crusher on a 5 gallon plastic pail. (Pail not included)
- This model has a 15 pound hopper. Using a 3/8 drillmotor at 500 RPM gives you a crush rate of 6 pounds a minute making the big grain bills fast and easy.
- The Barley Crusher is shipped fully assembled. There are no adapters needed to use a 3/8 drill motor.